The LEGALIZATION and Regulation of Marijuana Act:
(1) allows adults twenty-one years of age and older to legally possess, consume, and grow limited amounts of marijuana;
(2) reduces criminal penalties for marijuana offenses;
(3) creates a system in which licensed businesses will produce and sell marijuana;
(4) establishes a 10% tax on retail marijuana sales, from which the revenue will be allocated to public health and education;
(5) establishes a Department of Marijuana Licenses and Control to regulate licensed businesses that produce, cultivate, or sell marijuana;
(6) provides local governments with the authority to regulate marijuana businesses.
• • •
Paid For By the Campaign to Legalize and Regulate Marijuana, YES on I-14-2016.